Careers at Woodie's
- About Us
- For 27 years, the enthusiasm & helpfulness of our colleagues has been central to our success as Ireland’s market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer. We have a strong vision on where we want to get to in order to make Woodie’s a great place to work and shop. When it comes to investing in our people & our business, we’re not afraid to put our money where our mouth is. While our vision gives shape and direction to our future, our values define how we operate. If you love inspiring customers & engaging with them to provide the best possible experience, then Woodie’s is your kind of work place. Being part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise & grow within our business.
- Your learning journey at Woodie’s
At Woodie’s we understand that the success of the company depends on the talents & skills of our colleagues. That’s why we are so passionate about our colleague’s personal & professional development!
- Your learning journey at Woodie’s starts with our Induction programme. This provides you with an opportunity to meet other new starters within our business & to get all the information you need to help you hit the ground running.
- Once you’ve settled-in, whether you’re working in one of our stores or in our Support Office, our career ladder will guide you through your professional development at Woodie’s.
- Our L&D team will support you on every step of your journey at Woodie’s. Some of our current programmes include:
- Degree in Retail Management
- Leadership Development Courses
- Our Experts programme, offers store colleagues the opportunity to gain a National Certificate in:
- Retail Customer Service
- Retail Selling
- Asides from the above, we run a number of courses throughout the year to drive our business performance & our colleague’s career progression. We also offer Educational Assistance for colleagues wishing to pursue educational goals which can assist in your current role & in your career development.
Here are some of the benefits our colleagues enjoy:
- Retail Degree Program: We have partnered with Retail Skillsnet to offer our colleagues the opportunity to attain a degree in Retail Management.
- Pension: All colleagues at Woodie’s have the opportunity to join our company pension scheme.
- Educational Assistance: To support colleagues in reaching their potential, we support professional & personal development through our Educational Assistance Scheme.
- Long service Awards: We’re proud to recognise our long-serving colleague’s achievements. We celebrate when colleagues have completed 5, 10 & 20 years’ service.
- Retirement Planning: We offer a retirement planning service for colleagues approaching retirement age.
- Holidays: All colleagues can avail of our annual leave scheme.
- Sick Benefit: Our sick-pay benefit supports colleagues when they are unwell.
- Health Insurance: The company operates a discount health-insurance scheme.
- Bonus Scheme: We’re passionate about sharing our success with our colleagues. All Woodie’s colleagues are included in our annual bonus scheme.
- Travel: All colleagues are entitled to avail of our tax-saver ticket scheme & our cycle-to-work benefits.
- Staff discount: We offer an attractive staff discount to all Woodie’s colleagues.
- Our Opportunities