Fruity Infusions for the Perfect Party
2018 is a special year for Woodie’s, and Kilner® is proud to be invited to celebrate their 30th birthday. We have been preserving the world’s fruit and vegetables for generations and we recently celebrated our 175th birthday too, so you could say this is a double celebration!
We’ve been working closely with Woodie’s for many years and Kilner® are here to help with refreshing the guests at the birthday bash they’re having!
Fruit-infused alcohol is an easy and inexpensive way to create your own delicious liqueurs to serve to guests and here are a few of our favourite recipes to inspire you. You can even try your own delicious experiments!
A great way of using up those extra stocks of lemons, and a delicious way to greet your guests. You can also decorate the bottle with ribbon and a tag for a thoughtful homemade gift.
500g caster sugar
700ml boiling water
Zest of 5 large lemons, grated
1 litre vodka
- Sterilise a Kilner® 2L Clip Top Jar and lid (see our Kilner® How To page for instructions).
- Place the sugar and boiling water in a heavy-based pan and heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Leave to cool.
- Whilst the sugar is dissolving, add the lemon zest to the sterilised Clip Top Jar and pour in the vodka.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the lemon zest and vodka in the jar. Seal and shake well.
- Leave in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks, then shake well again. Repeat this for 2 months, shaking every 2 weeks until the zest has lost all of its colour.
- Sterilise a Kilner® 1L Clip Top Bottle.
- Sieve the limoncello before decanting into the bottle.
- Store in a cool dark place and use as a liqueur.
1 litre vodka
300g Caster sugar
- Chop the rhubarb stems into chunks and place in a sterilised Kilner® 1.5L Clip Top Jar. Pour the sugar and vodka into the jar, and seal.
- Shake well and leave in a dark cupboard for at least 1 month shaking the jar every now and then. After one month, taste the vodka to check that you are happy with the flavour. If you prefer a stronger rhubarb taste, leave to infuse for an extra couple of weeks.
- When you have reached the desired taste, strain the contents through a muslin cloth into a sterilised Kilner® 1L Clip Top Bottle. For information on how to sterilise Kilner® Jars and Bottles click here.
When you are over-run with fresh raspberries, this makes a delicious sweet and tart liqueur.
200g granulated sugar
450g fresh raspberries
If you’re looking for something a little softer and faster to make, then there’s always this great looking and great tasting alcohol-free pink lemonade recipe!
600g Caster Sugar
3 Lemons, sliced
2 Oranges, sliced
Ice and fresh mint to serve (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and pour over 700ml cold water.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Pour through a sieve, pressing down with a spoon to extract all the juices from the fruit.
- The syrup can now be refrigerated in a Kilner® 1L Clip Top Bottle for up to 1 week.
- To serve, pour a little into a glass and top up with sparkling or still water, ice and mint. The Kilner® 0.5L Preserve Jar is ideal for serving the lemonade in.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODIE'S AND KILNER®
To celebrate the 30th birthday of Woodie’s and 175th of Kilner® we're giving away this amazing hamper (two 2 Litre Clip Top Jars, one 1.5 Litre Clip Top Jar, three 1 Litre Clip Top Bottle, three 250ml Clip Top Bottle and four Handled Jars)! To enter just check the competition on Facebook and good luck!
For other great recipe ideas for Kilner® products, visit their website.
To enter our Summer Kilner® Hamper Competition, click here (April 14th to 24th 2018).